Friday, November 28

Why can't I be wealthy and stay at home?

I've had three days off this week, four more to go, and I've already been reminded of what I would love to do with my life. Some of you may not know this but my passion, my life's calling is to be a stay at home mom. I would love nothing more than to stay home and serve my husband and children (obviously, I don't have children yet but I hope to one day).
I posted an article from Housekeeping Monthly 1955 describing a "wife's duties" for her family. Some women probably find the article offensive and insulting...the way it describes putting your husband before yourself. I would love to care for my family in such a way! Isn't that what the Bible teaches? Proverbs 31 is all about how a godly woman should act, the way she should care for her family. (I'm interested to know if the above article really does offend anyone. I would love to debate it with you.)
To end this post I would like to give you a list of productive things I have done today...not because it's relevant, necessarily, but because I'm a little OCD and I love lists.

went to the grocery store
did some minor yard work
made lunch for Jon
gave the dogs a bath
mopped the floors
did the dishes
did laundry
will...make dinner for Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment