Tuesday, November 10

Easy Quiche Recipe













I love allrecipes because when I have a taste for something I just pop over and type in "brownies." Then I have a plethora of recipes all rated with little stars so I know which ones are the yummiest.  Well Sunday morning I searched for quiche recipes and found this one of Donna's.  After reading several comments from other folks at allrecipes I chose to make a few alterations.  Below is my adaption of the original recipe.

2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup fat free half and half
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 (9 inch) pie crust (see this great made-from-scratch recipe)
  • 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and saute until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat together eggs, half and half, basil, savory, salt and pepper.
Spoon the onions into the pie crust. Pour the egg mixture over the onions. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center of the quiche comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.


Of course The Pope is not a vegetarian so I fried up some bacon for him.  He suggested that putting the bacon in the quiche would be super tasty (he doesn't even eat eggs).

No comments:

Post a Comment