Sunday, October 19

Chef, Maid, Nanny, Teacher

Last spring, when A&A were three and a half, we started looking at local preschools.  I was SHOCKED at the price for one, let alone our *two* twins!  So I looked into the free North Carolina preschool (assuming we would even qualify for the program).  I was shocked again to learn that the NC program was an all day, 815am-245pm, every day school day.
Y'all, that means that my babies would be gone from me 7 hours a day 5 days a week.  I have no problem admitting that I was just plain not ready for that yet.  That's when Jon and I decided that I would "homeschool" A&A this year.

Now remember they are only four years old (my two babies turned four October 16th).  So I use the term homeschool lightly.  Really we just do lots of crafts.  Which, of course, I love!  Don't get me wrong.  They're learning and I'm teaching, but we're not working on multiplication tables or diagramming sentences (gosh, I hated those!!!).

So here we are, a homeschool family.  I never thought, *never* thought I would be a homeschool momma.  And yet, here I am!  Every week I scour Pinterest for ideas and themes for the next week's lesson.  It is my desire to post our lessons here to save you the time from searching.  I'm thoughtful like that.

I hope that you find this new chapter of my blog helpful and informative.  And please let me know if there's anything I can describe in more detail or clarify for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment