Sunday, December 16

no longer a spinster

We went out geocaching last Wednesday down by the beach. Well, unbeknownst to me, The Pope got the help of his friend Matt to set the whole thing up. (geocaching is like a scavenger hunt with GPS) The Pope told me there was a cache (treasure you hunt) at this gazebo that he had already found and told me to look for it. While I searched for a box under the gazebo, Jon's friend Matt hid behind a bush taking pictures and video of the whole thing. I finally found the box and sat down to log my find. I opened the plastic box and there was a ring box inside. I opened up the ring box and started crying. The Pope got down on one knee and said, "Is that a yes?" And I said, "You haven't asked me a question yet." The Pope said, "You are my best friend. I can't imagine being without you. I was wondering, if you aren't busy, would you spend the rest of your life with me?" Surfers started whistling and clapping for us when we kissed.
We are going to hold off on planning and just enjoy being engaged through the end of the year. We'll probably have the ceremony here in Wilmington in May or June.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment