Monday, May 26

I heart avocados.

I love avocados and eat them on/with everything. I have already told Jon avocados will be a staple in our kitchen, but they are so darn expensive.
Today I did a little research on growing an avocado tree. You can actually grow a tree right from the pit in you avocado at home. Here are the directions.
I also found these avocado facts to be interesting:
*Avocados contain just 5 grams of fat per serving.
*The name 'Avocado' originates from the Aztec name ahuacacuauhitl meaning testicle tree!
*Avocados contain 60% more potassium per ounce than bananas.
*There is documented evidence that animals such as cats, dogs, cattle, goats, rabbits, birds, fish and particularly, horses can be severely harmed or even killed when they consume the avocado leaves, bark, skin, or pit.

No comments:

Post a Comment