Sunday, January 25

Random Things About SEA

In my college public speaking class, I did an informative speech on Waffle House. For two weeks other students complimented me on my speech. I also did a persuasive speech on skipping class. (see college dream reference below)

Dawson's Creek is my favorite tv show of all time. I always thought Joey should be with Pacey. Dawson is such a girl!

If I could travel back in time I would redo my wedding reception...totally plan the whole thing over again. It just didn't turn out the way I had imagined in my head.

I was the first person in North Augusta (my hometown) to own Titanic on video. I pre-ordered it from Blockbuster, and I drove down at midnight the night it came out to pick it up. I was first in line!

I don't like cottage cheese, meat, beets, cooked spinach, sun dried tomatoes, or blue cheese.

I would love to be a personal assistant...run errands and help people organize their lives while setting my own hours.

For some reason, I get very angry and annoyed when my husband plays XBOX. Am I secretly jealous of his video games?

Hospitals freak me out. When I have to visit someone my heart starts beating fast and I breathe faster, too.

I admit, in the past, I have been unappreciative, juvenile, and ridiculous. Sorry.

I would be willing to pick up and move back to Charleston next year. Maybe we could just move Wilmington closer to Augusta...along with the coast.

I've only ever loved one man. We met on eHarmony.

I suck at keeping in touch. I'm bad about returning voicemails. I just don't like talking on the phone. Talking on the phone comes with pressure. What if I catch someone at a bad time? I hate it when I'm in the middle of something (even just watching tv) and someone randomly calls me. Can't we just send impersonal texts and emails back and forth?!

I get scared at night when Jon works nights. I'm a big chicken. I'm scared of the dark. When he's not home, I sometimes sleep with the lamp on.

After a trip to Memphis, and reading his biography, I love Elvis. He was an amazing man and changed the music industry forever.

I wish I could choose when I have pets and when I don't. 2 dogs and 2 cats can sometimes be too much. Other times they can be lots of fun and really worth it.

About every other month I have a dream about college. In my dream I usually oversleep and miss a class, can't find a class on campus, or at the end of the semester find out I registered for a class but mistakenly never attended.

Sometimes I get homesick for Augusta. I miss my family.

I have a blog (greenismyfavorite.blogspot.com) but I write like I talk, not like a writer so I just post things I find witty, interesting, or sometimes movie reviews.

I was raised to be conservative. Therefore I am old fashioned in a lot of ways. I think men and women have their places in the world (and in the church). But I also understand this is 2009 and not 1950.

I wish my house were cleaner. It's never clean enough for me (refer to above statement about pets) but I try and not let it bother me. I have OCD tendencies.

I sometimes want to wear more professional, more mature clothes but at the same time really all I want to wear are hippie-y clothes. They're so much cooler and more comfortable.

If I could wiggle my nose and learn to do anything I would want to learn to paint, repair cars, and learn everything there is to know about computers.

I love to cook and be in the kitchen but my least favorite chore is laundry. It's never ending!

Jon and I both were in the play The Best Christmas Pageant Ever in high school (he in Raleigh and me in North Augusta). Jon played the dad and I played the mom. It's meant to be.

I've been known to have a pretty good intuition. Sometimes I get "bad feelings" about something or a situation. Several times my "bad feelings" were right. (scary stories about that, maybe I'll post sometime)

I was raised by and married law enforcement. Daddy was a deputy sheriff with the Richmond County Sheriff's Department in Augusta. Jon is a deputy sheriff with the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office. I am so proud of both of them.

I love cruises. I have been on two, both with Royal Caribbean, both on the Mariner of the Seas. It's amazing! I do prefer Eastern Caribbean to Western Caribbean.

I studied Christian Studies in college. Basically that means I studied the Bible, world religions, and learned to write theological papers. I am passionate about the Bible, my Savior, NASB (the best translation), and my religious views.

I am way into music. I mostly like classic rock, 1970s. I love the wa-wa pedal and great guitar sounds of the 70s. But I also really like love songs from the same decade.

I LOVE discussing politics and religion, although both are thought to be poor subjects for public conversation. I like to hear what people believe and why they believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment