Friday, November 9

Homemade K9 Biscuits

I made these the other night for Charlie. I think he knew I was making something for him because he laid on the kitchen floor with Jon's dog Feylan (Border Collie). The biscuits were cheap and easy to make. And I like knowing what is in what I'm feeding him.

LEO'S COOKIES (an original recipe from Pilar Passmore)
1/2 brick regular or low-fat cream cheese
2 cups whole-wheat flour
6 ounces carrot baby food
3 ounces olive oil
splash of vanilla

Mix the ingredients; mash, knead and flatten. If you don't have a bone-shaped cookie cutter, use the baby food jar to make round cookies. Place cookies on a baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn off the oven, and leave the cookies inside until the oven cools.
Yield: about 21/2 dozen cookies. A batch generally keeps for about two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment