Sunday, October 4

Mom's Words to Live By

Growing up, Carlene used lots of clichés to help teach me things.  I've always wanted to write them down in one place and share them with others.  Isn't that what a blog is for?

1.  Don't write it down if you don't want it known.
I learned this the hard way in eighth grade when I wrote a note in class about this cute boy next to me.  The teacher saw me writing a note and read it out loud to the class.

2.  Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.
Although it is completely true, I have grown up to be skeptical of everything I hear now because of this.  Just because it's printed in a newspaper, on TV, or in an email doesn't mean it's true.  And for goodness sakes, use Snopes.

3.  If someone lies they will also cheat and steal.  If they will lie about something small they will lie about something big, too.
Carlene hates liars.

4.  Nobody ever told you life was gonna be fair.
This was always the reply to me saying, "that's not fair!"

5.  Don't date anyone from work.  When it goes bad, it goes really bad.
This also includes borrowing money or doing business with friends.

6.  Be nice to your sister; she's the only one you'll ever have.
Mantha and I are the only two, we're seven years apart.

7.  Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
I am constantly quoting this one; just good sense in lots of situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment