Friday, May 29

Mexican Pizza

I have been craving mexican food for a few days now and decided to try my own version of Taco Bell's mexican pizza.
This is basically how my recipe went.....

2- 8" flour or corn tortillas
can of black beans
cilantro
lime
onion
salsa
diced tomatoes
chopped green onions
chopped red bell pepper
black olives
cheddar cheese













First I made some homemade salsa (tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt) in my mini food processor and placed in a bowl. Then I toasted the tortillas in the oven for a few minutes. While they toasted I pureed the black beans, lime juice, cilantro, and onion. I took the tortillas out after a few minutes and spread one tortilla with the black bean puree. I placed that one black bean tortilla back in the oven for a few minutes. While that was heating up, I chopped my veggies and grated the cheese. After a few minutes I removed the tortilla from the oven and placed the toasted, naked tortilla on top of the black bean tortilla. Then I put lots of cheese on top of the naked tortilla and put it back in the oven. After the cheese was really melted, I took the tortilla sandwich out of the oven and topped it with my veggies, salsa, and more cilantro.
Next time I might try pepper jack cheese or add corn to the top of the pizza. Jon and I even just enjoyed the black bean puree as a dip with nacho chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment