Wednesday, September 29

The Babies Update: 36 weeks

I went to the OB today and things are still looking good. I did test positive for the GBS test and she explained I'll have to be given an IV while laboring, every four hours.   They can run the antibiotic for 30 minutes and then I can be mobile again, laboring.  This means I can still stick to my plan of a natural birth and be up and moving.  I won't even have to drag around an IV tree.
And, at today's visit, I was put on official bed rest. My blood pressure, which has been super, was a little high today. 
The OB also checked my cervix....I am 2-3cm dilated and 70% effaced. (My mother has a feeling it'll be Thursday.) The instructor of my natural birthing class thinks it'll be very soon. 
I don't know if I'm more anxious or excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment